Hi, my name is Crystal Hughes. I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Registered Professional Counsellor, and emotional eating expert. I host a health and wellness website called Heart Fully Nourished where I share plant-based recipes, beautiful food photos, and emotional eating support. I also help women from all over the globe to learn how to nourish their bodies with food and how to claim their food freedom.
I am grateful to be a part of the Yoso family as they are not only lovely but also make the best products that work in all my vegan recipes.
Zesty Orange Cranberry Muffins
Moist and delicious. Made without wheat, white sugar or eggs.
Prep time 15 mins. Cook time 20 mins Total 35 mins
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup Yoso coconut yogurt (unsweetened)
- 2 blood oranges
- 1/3 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup frozen cranberries (don’t unthaw)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with parchment muffin cups or grease muffin pan if you don’t have liners.
- Grate orange zest from two oranges and set aside. Peel one orange and slice into really thin slices to put on top of your muffins before baking.
- Chop walnuts into small pieces and add to batter at the end.
- Put all wet ingredients in one bowl, along with orange zest and mix with a whisk. Set aside.
- Mix baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, light , and whole in a bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in your wet ingredients. Lightly mix.
- Add in walnuts and frozen cranberries into the batter and fold in. Don’t over mix batter.
- Put batter into muffin liners
- Bake for 20-22 mins. Until toothpick comes out clean.
This post is part of our series, How do you Enjoy Yoso? We asked friends in our healthy community to share one of their favourite ways to enjoy our dairy-free products.