Hi! I am Sophia. A lifelong foodie who is passionate about creating fun and healthy vegan recipes! I believe that a whole foods, plant based diet is the key to a healthy and happy life. I share my recipes on my instagram account @onehungrymonkey to help show people that cooking healthy food can be simple and delicious.
I am excited to be a part of the Yoso community because I get to support a local Canadian company that makes delicious, organic and allergen free products. I truly believe that great dishes start with great ingredients which is why I always enjoy using Yoso’s yogurts in my recipes.
PUMPKIN SPICE YOSO DONUT (oil-free + sugar-free)
Prep time: 10min
Cooking time: 40min
- ½ cup Yoso coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar free icing sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 175C
Create the icing:
Mix Yoso Coconut Yogurt with icing sugar.
Create the donut:
- Combine flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and stevia in a large bowl.
- Mix together the dry ingredients until spices are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, almond milk, apple cider vinegar.
- Pour wet ingredients from step 3 into dry ingredients from step 1.
- Mix until wet ingredients are fully dissolved to create the donut mix.
- Scoop the donut mix into a silicone donut mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Dip donut into icing mixture and enjoy!
As an added treat I love to sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top of my donuts before serving.