Hi! I am Sophia. A lifelong foodie who is passionate about creating fun and healthy vegan recipes! I believe that a whole foods, plant based diet is the key to a healthy and happy life. I share my recipes on my instagram account @onehungrymonkey to help show people that cooking healthy food can be simple and delicious.
I am excited to be a part of the Yoso community because I get to support a local Canadian company that makes delicious, organic and allergen free products. I truly believe that great dishes start with great ingredients which is why I always enjoy using Yoso’s yogurts in my recipes.
PUMPKIN SPICE YOSO DONUT (oil-free + sugar-free)
Prep time: 10min
Cooking time: 40min
- ½ cup Yoso coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp sugar free icing sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 5 tsp stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 175C
Create the icing:
Mix Yoso Coconut Yogurt with icing sugar.
Create the donut:
- Combine flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and stevia in a large bowl.
- Mix together the dry ingredients until spices are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl combine pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, almond milk, apple cider vinegar.
- Pour wet ingredients from step 3 into dry ingredients from step 1.
- Mix until wet ingredients are fully dissolved to create the donut mix.
- Scoop the donut mix into a silicone donut mold.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes or until cool to the touch.
- Dip donut into icing mixture and enjoy!
As an added treat I love to sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon on top of my donuts before serving.
This post is part of our series, How do you Enjoy Yoso? We asked friends in our healthy community to share one of their favourite ways to enjoy our dairy-free products.