Hi! My name is Kris! I’m the home cook behind Shipshape Eatworthy — a blog, recognized by the Food Bloggers of Canada, dedicated primarily to cookbook reviews, and an Instagram account which showcases the meals I cook for my family and friends. I’m really passionate about eating nutritiously and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, while also exploring a variety of flavours and ingredients within the vegetarian lifestyle that my family enjoys. Although I have tested recipes for other bloggers’ cookbooks, I’m not really a recipe creator/adapter however, I have shared a few of my personal (family favourite!) recipes on my blog and Food52.
I’m really excited to be part of the Yoso Community because I love products that support a variety of lifestyles and it is such a pleasure to create delicious meals that people with all types of dietary requirements can enjoy. I love using Yoso Yogurts because they taste exceptionally great and work so well in the recipes I make.
Perfect Play Date Bark (For Everyone!) DF, GF, Vegan
This is a go-to snack that I serve to my toddler and her friends. I’ve adapted this recipe from a great kid-friendly site Fork and Beans. We have a diverse playgroup and I find that this snack is great for any diet type/allergy concern. Kids love the cool and creamy taste!
Time: 10 minutes, plus freezer time (overnight is best or 3-4 hours if making the day of)
Serves: This recipe makes an 8” x 8” pan. I usually cut mine into 16 but feel free to cut the bark into whatever size suits your needs.
*Note: Since this bark is naturally sweetened with ripe banana, keep in mind that it is mild in flavour. If something sweeter is desired, use Yoso Sweetened Vanilla Coconut Yogurt and just omit adding the 1 tsp vanilla extract.
1 container plain unsweetened coconut Yoso*
1 large, ripe banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract*
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2-3 tsp raw sesame seeds
1) Line 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper — leave a bit of an overhang. Later you’ll use the excess paper to help lift the frozen bark from the pan.
2) In a blender, blend Yoso, banana, cinnamon, & vanilla until smooth.
3) Evenly pour mixture into pan — use a spatula to smooth out the top.
4) Distribute blueberries evenly over the mixture (gently press into the mixture if needed).
5) Sprinkle sesame seeds over the pan.
6) Freeze overnight until set.
7) Carefully lift from pan using parchment overhang & cut into squares using a sharp knife.
8) Serve immediately — store unused bark in an airtight container in the freezer.