My name is Jessica, I am avid food consumer and connoisseur, but when I am not taking the time to create colourful and delightful meals I am actually a personal trainer and nutrition coach. I have been training clients, teaching TRX and boot camps since 2013 and truly have never loved my life more. While I do also maintain a degree in Fine Art, I believe I have managed to utilize various experiences and avenues of my studying, as I now have the ability to show and enable many extraordinary souls how to reach their true potential. With my constant learning about nutrition and holistic approaches to fuelling the body in conjunction with my tireless obsession with food, I have found the perfect harmonious relationship of all my life’s loves and passions. Keeping your ingredients, motives and goals pure it is inarguably the best way to have a gorgeous dish and a happy life!
Eat Colourfully, Live Colourfully!
Getting the chance to not only devour the amazing products from Yoso, but to be able to create wonderful, healthy and tasty opportunities with are delightfully unique. Yoso is not only created with pure ingredients that are friendly to all dietary needs but tastes incredible and clearly has come together from a love of flavour and food!
This dish, as flagrant as it is colourful is action packed with nutrients that will leave your bodies thankful and satisfied. While I am not in fact a vegan or vegetarian I feel its important to enjoy all the food you bring to your own or your friends tables, and this will surely surprise everyone with its exciting frisky use of summer flavours. Not to mention its incorporation of essential superfoods that will enhance your mood and improve your overall health!
Cilantro Lime Summer Noodle Salad
- Yoso Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 scallion
- Edamame spaghetti
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- sea salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- optional: chili oil (DIY: red dry chili flakes that have been aging in a tightly closed jar of olive oil)
- Make your noodles first, giving plenty of time to cool them down in your fridge. I have chosen edamame spaghetti, it is tremendously high in protein and fibre, which is essential for anyone trying to achieve fitness and health goals and wants to maintain or even put on more muscle mass.
Muscle burns fat, which gives you a healthy and strong heart & body, which means you live a long happy life!
Make desired amount, carefully following the instructions to create the perfect al dente texture, no one likes mushy noodles! Once cooked and drained, mix them with the TBSP of coconut oil in an appropriately sized mixing bowl until evenly coated. This provides you with necessary effective saturated fat that helps absorb protein much more efficiently but more importantly enhances the phenomenal flavour of this dish! Cover your bowl then chill in the fridge as you continue to prep.
- Creating, the perfect salad dressing in a high powered blender or food processor. Scoop in the desired amount of the delectable Yoso Unsweetened Coconut yogurt. I use roughly half the container, then add one garlic clove, a healthy handful of cilantro and the zest of one lime and also 1/3 of the juice. Quick tip: when zesting citrus fruits, keep rotating your fruit on your microplane zester or grater to avoid grating the pit, which is the white bitter part of the fruits skin. Add in a couple grinds of fresh pepper and salt then blend on high until desired smooth consistency.
- Whether you have a mandolin or vegetable peeler, do your best to slice your carrots and zucchini into thin delicate ribbons.
Quick tip using a vegetable peeler, lightly peel away from the body and keep rotating the vegetable to keep the strips thin slivers. Then with a paring knife julienne or thinly slice your red bell pepper, as well as your scallion. Scallions are tiny and delicate but when you manage to cut them thinly lengthwise, then you place them into ice water you will notice them curl up. This provides a beautiful garnish that your guests will surely be impressed with on presentation!
- Take your cooled noodles out of the fridge and dump your julienned vegetables, and Yoso infused salad dressing. Toss with a pair of tongs and your delicious salad is ready to be served.
- Garnish: those beautiful scallion curls, more chopped fresh cilantro & lime zest, and if you enjoy a spicy kick like I do, drizzle some of that beautifully pungent chili oil over your dish.
This dish is the perfect way to wow your guests, particularly on hot summer day or BBQ! Even those who scoff at salads or vegan dishes will be begging for more!